This blog is now obsolete. Go to scott.arbeitman.id.au for all new content.

Great New Feature in Opera 9.5

| Thursday, September 20, 2007
People often tease me for using Opera as my preferred web browser. This hurts my feelings.

Recently, Opera released an Alpha version of their 9.5 release. One important feature that I don't see on any changelog is how Opera offers to remember passwords using its "wand". Now, when you submit a form on any site, Opera, like most browsers, offers to remember your username and password. However, this is now done asynchronously so that the page continues to load in the background.

Why is this so great?

If you're like me, you're never quite sure if you've entered the right username/password combination, and you might be hesitant to save the information until you're sure its correct. Now you can be sure you are saving the right info because you can wait for the form to submit and the new page to load.

It's the little things.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Daniel from Opera Software. Cheer up and be proud of Opera! There are millions of Opera users out there. :)