This blog is now obsolete. Go to scott.arbeitman.id.au for all new content.

The Case of the Shaver Shop and a Broken Shaver

| Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In this blog post, I bitch about the Shaver Shop.

Wednesday: The other day I was sifting through some of the remnants of my unpacked boxes from the move when I came across the receipt and extended warranty for an electric Braun shaver I had bought about 18 months ago. It was valid for another 6 months.

Thursday: The next day, the shaver broke. Actually, the trimmer bit broke, which is part of the main shaver.

Monday: I took the shaver, receipt and warranty immediately to the city store. No, they didn't have the model in stock. In fact, this model has been discontinued. But there was a better model in the same series in Highpoint, about a 20 minute drive away. I was told someone would bring the shaver to the city store by Thursday.

Wednesday: I have a very itchy beard.

Friday: A trip to the Shaver Shop quickly revealed that, in fact, no shaver had been brought from Highpoint. Apparently, someone who works in both stores who might bring it fell sick, and that was the end of it. Obviously, I wasn't impressed. They could have easily couriered the item to the city, or just given me something they did have in stock. In the end, all I asked for was some shaving cream (I had some razors, but no cream and I didn't want to buy any). This was rejected: "we can't just give you shaving cream... We'll have your shaver in on Monday."

Sunday: I have a very itchy beard.

Monday: Yes, my shaver did some from Highpoint to the city store. I watched as she accepted my broken shaver and opened the box on the brand new Braun 360 shaver. I thought that this would end up being a great; I would get a new, better shaver 18 months after the original purchase. This is why people buy the extended warranty, isn't it.

Here's what the girl in the Shaver Shop did. She opened the box. Took out the main shaver and removed its head. She then took my broken shaver and removed it head. She placed my old head on the brand new shaver and said "Shaver heads aren't under warranty" and handed me the new shaver with the old head attached. So yes, I now had a shaver with a working trimmer. But still, for my troubles, they could have just as easily given me the whole box, new shaver and all. Instead, somewhere, there is an old Braun 360 shaver with a brand new head (and cleaning base too).

Today: Will not buy another warranty from the Shaver Shop. I suggest you don't either.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!