This blog is now obsolete. Go to scott.arbeitman.id.au for all new content.

Blogo: Nice but Slow and Unstable

| Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I've written the past couple of posts using Blogo. It's a nice simple app and I especially like that includes support for traditional blogging and microblogging, i.e. I can post Twitter updates using the same tool. It also shows me the twitter status of my friends in a manner similar to Twitterific.


Although the UI isn't as Mac-like as some other apps, it's simple, subtle and refreshing. Definitely won't get in the way of your next brilliant post. It also doesn't seem to offer spellchecking.


Still, the editor almost too simple, lacking some key features such as the ability to embed flash video or vary your font size (it doensn't have an HTML view so there are no workaround here).


I could almost live with all of these flaws, except that Blogo does something unforgivable on a Mac: it crashes. Often. Users may also find it slow. On my new Macbook Pro, I'm frequently exposed to the beautiful colors of the spinning beachball. I've had the app crash about 6 times while writing my previous post. For a $25 piece of software, I would hope that at least the stability issue would be resolved.


Still, this app has tremendious potential so keep your eyes open on this one still worth a trial if not a purchase just yet.


0 comments: