This blog is now obsolete. Go to scott.arbeitman.id.au for all new content.

Putting "Original" On Originals

| Wednesday, May 28, 2008

When I was in high school, I remember taking a test that was included with the teacher's copy of the text book (the one with all the answers to the questions at the end of the chapter as well). On each page of the test, on the top right, in large bold text it stated clearly: "Original Copy". Obviously, there is some flaw in using these words on anything that can be copied, and is one of the most meaningless practices I have discovered.


Tonight, as I'm reading my case study, I notice on the bottom of every page: "Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner." Seriously, if this is legally binding or has any meaning whatsover, please let me know what it could be and how it would not be transferable to the photocopies I could make of this document?


1 comments:

Ric Lamont said...

I agree...

There is no such thing as an "original copy". It's either an original... or it's a copy of the original.

MCSS case studies on the other hand... there's some wierd thing here about the rights to photocopy a set number of copys of the copy that we have bought from Harvard. It's all very confusing but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.